Thursday, November 04, 2004

AT LAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!!!

11/4/04

It is finally over. George W Bush has won. John Kerry showed more grace in losing than he had the entire campaign. The president declined to claim victory until Kerry gave his concession speech but that was a graciousness that was to be expected of the president. That Senator Kerry conceded in view of the evidence that the lawsuits could have extended this election for weeks shows that he does have some class. I personally did not expect that from one of a pair of trial lawyers but I am pleased.

My predictions for the elections were spot on. I said the House would remain comfortably Republican. It did. I said the Senate would gain and wind up as 54-45-1 and may actually be 55-44-1. I said the presidency would go at 54-45, with Nader at 1%. I guess I could claim that I was talking about the electoral college, but honesty requires that I admit that I really wasn't. It was closer than I expected.

I heard some of the pundits on TV say that they thought (I would attribute if I could remember which one said it!) that the Al Qaqaa report that said we didn't protect the 350+ Tons of explosives cause a problem until it was pushed off the front page. Regardless of why the race actually came in so close it was a good 24 hours for America.

The election is over and some people are saying that George Bush has a mandate to pursue his agenda. Others (Mostly Democrats) are saying that he has won and now should move to the center to bring us together. Right!!! He won, Congress Won and the American people won. Now is the time to start to use some of that capital to get some of the plans that he had. Lets start with the Fair Tax Plan.

There are lots of things that need to be done, mostly to get government off our backs. The most important thins is to finish Iraq and to continue the War on Terror. America has said we are at war, not at crime.

Good Luck, Mr. President.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home