Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

11/24/04

It has been an eventful year and it has been a good year. It was a year of plenty and a year of challenges. I happily thank the American public for the contribution they made to the future of this country. By rejecting the bid of John Kerry for the presidency they have, at least for now, put their foot down and said "we will pursue the war on terror to the end". For that and for so much else, I thank God.

I believe that this country is the most free and the most equitable in the world. I believe that what we have done to free millions of Afghans and Iraqis will be seen, in the richness of history, to have been one of the first and most important steps on the way to world peace. As long as there is oppression of masses of people and intolerance by so many the world is not a safe place.

I am thankful that I live here. That I live in a country that allows me to express my thoughts without fear that someone will find me and "convince" me that I shouldn't have these thoughts. I am thankful that our economy is so good. I am thankful that I am employed. I am thankful that I have a nice home and three wonderful children, each married to loving spouses. I am thankful that I have 2 beautiful grandchildren.

I am thankful that my son-in-law is safe in Afghanistan. I am thankful that my family can get together at this time and celebrate the joys of the holiday.

Thank you God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home