Friday, June 08, 2007

Open Letter to Saxby Chanbliss and Johnny Isakson

Note, this letter sent to the Marietta Daily Journal and published on Thursday, 6/7
6/4/07

Mr. Chambliss and Mr. Isakson
I have read in the news today that Senators have returned with the message that the opposition to the immigration legislation is fading quickly. I think what is happening is that people, like myself, have said all we can say and are getting very tired of the political class ignoring us. You can only write so many letters to the editor.
I am not a joiner. I generally do not write to you gentlemen but in this case I am hearing that I am no longer opposed to the bill. I am. I am very oppressed to it. If this law passes with your support, I will do whatever I can to oppose you.
There is no reason to attempt to reach a compromise on this issue. If we simply enforce the current laws and add the fence we can take a deep breath and make a decision in a reasoned and all inclusive manner. Stop the flow.
There are too many unanswered questions with this legislation. As a quick example, do you really expect 24 hours enough time to investigate for the Z Visa? We don’t even know for sure how many illegals are here. It is not a reasonable expectation that the government can do an adequate job investigating these applications.
I understand you think that this is a good bill because you think that it is the best you can get out of a Democratic Senate. Sometimes compromise is not a good thing. Sometimes it is better to be careful, or even better, right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home