Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Democratic Convention

7/28/04

It's scary! I am such a political junkie that I almost never have a time that I'm not interested in the political arena. I am in one of those moods right now. I am so sick of hearing about the Democratic Convention and the new "conservative" or sometimes "centrists" John Kerry. I know that is true because all of the unbiased news sources let that be known. His whole political life has been as liberal as anyone but Shhssss! If you say THAT, you are labeling him unfairly. The speakers at the convention have been told to tone down the Bush hatred but they just can't quite do it.

It is Bush hatred that is uniting the Democrats. The only thing interesting about this convention is how hard they are trying and failing to hide this hatred. I hear the Dems saying that Kerry would make the country safer and I try to keep from laughing. I suppose that if you just say you would make it safer then that must count as doing it. How perfectly obvious that appeasing the French or the Germans would make us safer....All those French troops guarding the entry points to the country would keep all those nasty Al-Qaeda extremist out of the country.

I am riveted to the TV (not) and (not) watching all the surprises at the convention and what the (non) liberals have to say. Take money from the rich (their definition), give money to the needy--the teachers union, the police unions, the firefighters union--it's all part of the famous Democratic Creed-- From Each According To His Abilities, To Each According To His Needs. No, wait. That was Karl Marx. Whatever. It just sounds like the Democrats.

The only real honesty I heard was from Dan Rather. He said that if the convention were on the air 3 hours a night that a test pattern would get better ratings. The Dems hate George W. And anything else is just self justifications. They are trying to understand that they have to hide behind silly little centerist explanations when what they really want is to just scream and slap that rotton George W Bush back to Texas. Not of itself bad (that is of course their right and privledge in this country) but their motivations are suspect. They still think they won in 2000.

I know that generalizations are suspect but since the major broadcast media are only (in general) giving one side, I thought it would only be fair to say a few things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home