Thursday, June 23, 2005

Senator Durbin

6/23/05

Senator Durbin,

I read your speech before Congress the other day about the terrible torture of the terrorists in Guantanamo. Had I read this and not known it was a prepared speech read before the U. S. Senate, I would most certainly believed that this must have been a rant prepared in Al Jazeera from Osama Bin Laden or from some other vile enemy of the United States.

Now, I understand that Durbin said that "Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them I extend my heartfelt apologies." Does this mean I should accept his apology? He did not say that he was sorry he made the statement. He simply "apologized" if I believe his remark crossed the line.

Shame on you! You know very well that the American Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen are not the kind of animal that you compared them to. I hereby question your patriotism. I can do this regardless of your denial that I can because I live in a free country. This country. You have the right, won by the blood of the same American fighting men you have disparaged, to make this unwarranted charge. I have the right, won the same way to say to you, sir, Shame!

Read you history sir. Pol Pot did not use his killing fields to isolate truly evil persons from society. He used them to KILL. The Nazis did not use the concentration camp and gas chambers to isolate people that were captured on the field of battle but rather to exterminate groups of people. The Gulags were not for gathering information on future terrorist attacks but to remove enemies of the State.

I challenge you sir. Defend your statements or withdraw them immediately. You have given the enemies of our freedoms more ammunition to use

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home