Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Letter 10

11/30/05

Hey everybody,
How are you all doing? I'm doing good. I finally have a mailing address! I'll put it at the bottom, but first I'll tell you about my trip to Camp Falcon. The trip through Baghdad was interesting, but not too interesting. This country has some nice historic buildings, but the majority of it is just dirty and filthy. There is trash all over the place and all of the oil refineraries and factories pump out smog constantly. Lucky for me, Falcon is downwind of all of that, so it smells like burning tires here everyday. I went through Camp Victory and Liberty and those places were nice, especially Liberty. Those people live on a lake in palaces and resorts. If you hear anyone say they have it bad from one of those places, don't believe them. Yeah, the threat is still the same, but the quality of living is just so much better. We are going to Mosul soon unless things change again. It is going to be a long tr ip and I don't know what to expect when I get up there so I might not be on here for a couple of days or for as long as three weeks. We are scheduled to stay there and support the elections before coming back to Falcon. We are going to be travelling with the commandos on our way up there, so this trip is looking like it will be a lot more interesting than my last one. If you send anything soon I should still be able to receive it before Christmas. They recommend sending packages before the 5th of December in order to make it back to the states, so I assume it is the same in reverse. I'll send some pictures as soon as I get a chance to get on here again. Talk to you all soon.
Love,
Billy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home